MIX ON SITE CONCRETE
SITE MIXED CONCRETE IN WOLVERHAMPTON & THE WEST MIDLANDS
Out of hours deliveries
Same/next day deliveries
Mixed to what you need
All materials are Virgin Quarried
We work hard to stay fairly priced.
BSI Certified Concrete Supplier
VOLUMETRIC SITE MIXED CONCRETE SUPPLIER
Gills Mix Concrete operates a fleet of cutting-edge volumetric mixers that allow accurate measuring and mixing of concrete on site. We are known as the leading providers of mix on site concrete for domestic, commercial and industrial projects throughout Wolverhampton, Birmingham and the West Midlands.
ONLY PAY FOR THE CONCRETE YOU USE
Gill Mix Concrete operates a fleet of late-range volumetric mixers that are well-maintained to meet the latest regulations. For larger construction sites, volumetric mixers will aid in a larger production of concrete as they can quickly produce more concrete than traditional drum mixers. Whereas in case of a smaller construction site, our innovative mixers will produce only the exact required amount of concrete mix; hence, zero wastage.
So, if you order from Gill Mix Concrete, you only pay for the concrete you use.
THE BENEFITS OF VOLUMETRIC CONCRETE MIXING
Analysing the right amount of concrete is a lot harder than it looks; that’s when volumetric mixers come into play. These mixers enable us to offer simple, efficient and quick deliveries based on your estimated concrete order.
Volumetric truck mixers are also known as mobile batching plants that enable precise site-mixed concrete giving better flexibility in your project. Volumetric mixers have separate compartments to store raw materials (aggregates, cement, water, and any required additives/admixtures) within the truck. This allows you to specify the desired consistency you require for the concrete to have at the same time that it is being poured. Unlike traditional drum mixers where a large amount of concrete is produced and wasted if not used, in volumetric mixers, only a precisely measured concrete amount is produced. Additionally, as concrete is mixed on site, there is zero risk of it “going off” before reaching the site.
Here are some other major benefits of volumetric concrete mixers:
- Exact amount of concrete mixed on site, every time. No overordering or underordering.
- We can mix different strengths of concrete.
- We can produce multiple batches of different mixes.
- We carry more than traditional drum mixers.
- Zero wastage. No surprise pricing.
- Flexibility to alter the mix on site.
- Capable of mixing concrete as well as screed.
- High-grade materials by top suppliers used for best quality concrete.
- Same/next day delivery available
- Accurate site-mixed concrete at affordable prices.
- Perfect for domestic, commercial and industrial projects
ALL ABOUT VOLUMETRIC MIXERS
PROJECT QUESTIONS FOR CONCRETE SUPPLIERS
Over the years we have received many questions from construction contractors and domestic customers in need of advice. Here are some of our frequent answers:
HOW DOES A VOLUMETRIC CONCRETE MIXER WORK?
The volumetric mixing process involves the following steps:
- Each ingredient used to mix concrete is loaded into the individual hopper compartments on the volumetric truck.
- The concrete mixer carries all the raw ingredients to the project site.
- Depending on the type of concrete used, the exact specification is programmed into the mixer via its on-board computer.
- The aggregates are then precisely measured onto a conveyor belt before being mixed with cement and water in the hydraulic auger arm.
- The fresh and accurately mixed concrete is collected from the end of the auger in wheelbarrows or dumpers, or it can be poured directly into the hopper of a concrete pump.
- Using the control panel located at the rear of the truck, the operator observes and controls the whole mixing process and can start/stop mixing at any time.
HOW MUCH CONCRETE DOES A CONCRETE TRUCK HOLD?
The amount of concrete that our volumetric mixers can produce varies on a number of factors, including cement content, aggregate mix ratios and water usage. If you require further information, give our friendly sales team a call. We will be happy to discuss your requirements and work out how much you will need on site
CONCRETE PUMP HIRE
Want to deliver your ready mix concrete or mix on site concrete to a hard-to-reach area of the project site? Look no further and hire a concrete pump from Gills Mix Concrete.
Some building sites can have accessibility issues that may require special equipment and expert operators to supply concrete. With our concrete pump hire service, your concrete gets poured exactly where it needs to be. No mess or fuss. With our range of line and boom concrete pumps, you save time, reduce waste and minimise labour costs. So, if you are looking for a professional concrete pump hire service in and around Wolverhampton, Birmingham or the West Midlands , give our team a call.
DOMESTIC OR COMMERCIAL,WE MIX ON SITE
FREE QUOTES AND ADVICE
Are you in search of volumetric concrete services for your project in Wolverhampton, Birmingham and the West Midlands? For free quotes and advice, speak to our friendly team today!
SEARCH YOUR AREA
AREAS WE COVER
We deliver ready mix concrete of any size order to Wolverhampton, Birmingham and the West Midlands. We promise fast, same or next day deliveries and an efficient service every time.
SEE WHAT OUR
Great service, arrived on time, very supportive crew. Would definitely recommend.
- T Osówniak, Google Review
- Dean R, Google Review
- W Campbell, Google Review
A truly exceptional service from Gills, thank you so much. Everything & everybody was on time, exactly as described and the operatives, deserve nothing but praise.
-P Plant, Google Review
Best in the business. Explained all different strengths of concrete clearly and kept it very simple. Excellent price and excellent concrete. Will be using these guys again 100%.
-NS, Google Review
Great value, arrived on time, slick operation, cleaned up after - what more do you want - fully recommend these guys
-S Bright, Google Review
Fantastic job done extremely well by very friendly staff would and will be using again and would definitely recommend 👍
- C Rosewarne, Google Review
Service was great, came in at the best price, recommended the pump which came on time and made everything easier for us and the guys cleaned up after themselves and left no mess! Will definitely use these guys again.
- K Huges, Google Review
GET IN TOUCH WITH
GILLS MIX CONCRETE